On behalf of Caritas Germany, AGEH – the Association for Development Cooperation is seeking to fill the following position in the National Caritas Organisation in Armenia and Georgia at the earliest possible date:
Consultant for Inclusion, Lobby and Advocacy Work (m/f/d), Gyumri, Armenia
Your new field of activity
As a registered NGO, Armenian Caritas plays an important role for social justice and sees itself as a welfare organisation of the Armenian Catholic Church. With the establishment of the Caritas Associations of Armenia and Georgia in the mid-90s, the cooperation of the German Caritas Association also began. While Caritas Armenia is primarily active in the northern regions and Yerevan, most of Caritas Georgia's projects are located in Tbilisi.
As everywhere in the world, Caritas in the Caucasus is particularly dedicated to working with people in need. In the future, Caritas would like to continue its work in the field of inclusion and instigate the necessary social changes. It wants to enable people with disabilities and particularly vulnerable groups of the population to participate in education and other areas of society, among other things by increasing state support.
You will be based in Armenia. You will work on a transnational basis to support the work of Caritas Armenia (60% of your working time) and Caritas Georgia (40% of your working time).
A field report about the work in the Caucasus can be found here.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You contribute to the development of strategies to increase state support and for Caritas social work in Armenia and Georgia, especially for people with disabilities.
- You support the development of a broader understanding of advocacy so that disadvantaged population groups can be helped to make themselves heard.
- You promote the exchange of experience and networking of Armenian and Georgian Caritas in the fields of lobbying, advocacy work and inclusion as well as in organisational development.
- You contribute to the development of a concept of personal assistance for children with disabilities in everyday school life and support both countries with establishment in the education system.
- You support the creation of structures that facilitate inclusion, e.g. parent representatives in schools, self-help groups of families with children with disabilities. You promote networking among them and with organisations.
- You accompany Caritas Armenia and Georgia in the implementation of other projects where there is a special need and take care of the factual and financial reporting.
- You have gathered professional experience and in-depth knowledge in the field of humanitarian aid or development cooperation and project management, ideally acquired in a church context.
- You put your communication and consulting skills to use in a culturally sensitive manner and have already gained initial experience in supporting local partner organisations.
- Ideally, you have applied knowledge in social and community work, particularly in the areas of inclusion and education.
- You are physically and mentally resilient and willing to travel extensively between Armenia and Georgia.
- You identify with the goals and contents of Caritas Germany and are actively willing to get to know them and make them your own.
- You communicate well in written and spoken German and English, knowledge of Armenian, Georgian or Russian is an advantage.
- As a member of a Christian church, you identify with the goals and concerns of church development cooperation and support them convincingly.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
What the AGEH offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching, supervision and individual consulting
- Work within the AGEH efficacy model
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by 26.04.2019 at the latest.
Please use our online application form on our job portal.