The Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH) e.V. is the human resources service of German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS), we offer specialists the opportunity to perform a meaningful role in collaboration with local development workers. The CPS is a programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It advocates a world in which conflicts are settled without violence and supports partner organisations in all conflict phases: in conflict prevention, reducing violence and post-conflict rehabilitation. Together with church and civil-social partners in Jerusalem, the AGEH aims to contribute to civil conflict transformation using peace-building measures.
For the further development of project work and the promotion of financial independence, at the earliest opportunity, for the Latin Patriarchate, we are looking for an
Organisational Consultant with focus on Fundraising and Communication (m/f/d), Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine
Your new field of activity
The Latin Patriarchate, as the Catholic bishop's seat of Jerusalem, represents the interests of 66 local communities in four countries: Israel, Palestine, Jordan and Cyprus. The work in and with the communities promotes social cohesion, regardless of origin, religion and gender, and tries in particular to counteract the division within Israel and Palestine.
Jerusalem is a very attractive place to live and work. The special mixture of Orient and Occident makes a versatile and interesting life possible. Jerusalem is suitable as a location for families with children, with international schools in English and French, good local kindergartens and good health care system.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In close cooperation with the Latin Patriarchate, you develop a fundraising concept and provide support on all levels in the implementation of corresponding measures.
- You provide support in the development and implementation of a communication strategy, with a view to the further development of the contents of individual projects of the communities of the Patriarchate.
- You foster existing relationships with partners, promote further networking with potential donors and shape the set-up of a sustainable network.
- You train employees in the creation of project proposals and activity reports as well as in project management (planning, monitoring, evaluation). You will develop appropriate training materials for this purpose.
- You are responsible for the proper spending and management of funds on-site in accordance with the donor guidelines and the specifications of the AGEH. In doing so, you work in partnership with the partner organisation.
- You have completed a university degree in the area of communication sciences, media, social sciences or something similar and have at least two years of professional experience in organisational consulting, ideally of church institutions.
- You have very good user knowledge of digital media and modern communication channels.
- You have previously designed and implemented a fundraising strategy and have experience in network-building.
- As a member of a Christian church, you identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work and support these convincingly.
- You can communicate fluently in spoken and written English and are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
What AGEH offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- A three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the
- German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
- Work within the AGEH efficacy model
We look forward to receiving your application by December 3, 2019, at the latest.
Please use the online application form on our job portal.