On behalf of Caritas Germany for its local service centre in Amman, Jordan AGIAMONDO e.V. is looking for a
Program advisor humanitarian aid (m/f/d),
Your new role
Caritas Germany is the worldwide social welfare organisation of Caritas Germany. Every year Caritas Germany provides support for approximately 1,000 aid projects worldwide, regardless of the religion, ethnic identity or nationality of those affected, from its headquarters in Freiburg, Germany.
Caritas Jordan was founded in 1967 and has been registered as a charitable organisation since 1968. Caritas Jordan was founded in response to the Six-Day War and has since been working with refugees from neighbouring countries, migrants and vulnerable Jordanians. Caritas Germany has maintained a long and intensive partnership with Caritas Jordan. Further information on Caritas Germany´s commitment in Jordan can be found here.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will carry out training for managers in the preparation and professional monitoring of funding applications to public funding bodies (German federal government, EU, possibly UN).
- You will train local partners in the administrative and financial field and support them in narrative and financial reporting.
- You will advise and support the local partners in the identification of needs, planning, management and implementation of projects and programmes for emergency aid and rebuilding measures according to the Caritas Germany project agreements and guidelines.
- You will check project applications from local partner organisations and develop recommendations for Caritas Germany.
- You will carry out content and administrative monitoring of ongoing aid programmes and projects and report promptly on project progress.
- You will coordinate and oversee the short-term deployment of specialist consultants.
- When specifically agreed on, you will take part in relevant coordination meetings on location (German Embassy, OCHA, ECHO, UNHCR), represent Caritas Germany at meetings and support public relations work.
- You have completed a relevant degree (e.g. social sciences, international cooperation, international emergency and disaster relief) and have professional experience in the field of humanitarian aid and/or development cooperation, ideally in a comparable environment.
- You use your communication and counselling skills in a culturally sensitive way and have already gained experience in carrying out training.
- You are experienced in programme management and have knowledge of financial management, accounting and administration. You are also familiar with the management of public funds.
- You identify with the objectives and substance of Caritas Germany.
- Your written and spoken English is excellent. Knowledge of Arabic would be beneficial.
- You are a member of a Christian church and are an EU or Swiss citizen.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Two-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your application by February 27, 2020, at the latest.