On behalf of Caritas Germany, AGEH – the Association for Development Cooperation is seeking to fill the following position in the National Caritas Organisation in Colombia at the earliest possible date:
Project Coordinator for Emergency Aid (m/f/d), Bogotá,Colombia/Venezuela
Your new field of activity
Caritas Germany, the globally active relief organisation of the German Caritas Association, helps to ensure the survival of people after natural disasters and in crisis areas.With social projects, Caritas Germany supports people who are particularly in need of protection: Children and young people, the elderly, the sick and people with disabilities.Caritas Germany helps people regardless of their origin, religion or political conviction.
Caritas Columbia (SNPS) acts on behalf of the Colombian Bishops' Conference and coordinates national programs, which are usually conducted by diocesan Caritas organisations in Colombia. Its main areas of work include emergency aid for conflict victims and after natural disasters, psychosocial support for conflict victims, community development, political lobbying and public relations work, disaster prevention and peace-building. Caritas Germany already has two staff members in Colombia who have been working successfully for years and now require further competent support in coping with the diverse tasks they face. So that people from Venezuela and Colombia who need humanitarian aid due to the current situation can be helped effectively, you as project coordinator support the implementation of the aid measures according to the specifications of the donors. You help the partners to expand their capacities and take advantage of their strengths and resources.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- You support and advise local partners in the implementation of aid projects and in narrative and financial reporting.
- You support the partners in organisational and institutional further development and provide advice in particular on the planning of new projects and work processes.
- You are responsible for preparing and accompanying visits from the Caritas Germany network e.g. from consultants or journalists, at partner organisations and relevant local institutions (German embassy, EU, ECHO).
- You take on public relations tasks.
- You are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the content and administration of ongoing aid programmes and the progress of the project, in particular by travelling to the project regions.
- You identify further project and financing possibilities and coordinate the identification of requirements for emergency aid measures.
- You have a degree in the area of Humanitarian Aid or Development Cooperation and have gained several years of professional experience, ideally in a church context.
- You have knowledge of project management (planning, monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment, indicators) and basic knowledge of budget planning, financial management and financial administration.
- You use your communication and consulting skills in a culturally sensitive manner to deal with a wide variety of local and international actors in a partner-like way, and you have already gained professional experience abroad in supporting local partner organisations.
- You are business fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- As a member of a Christian church, you identify with the goals and concerns of church development cooperation and support them convincingly.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland.
What AGEH offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching, supervision and individual consulting
- Work within the AGEH efficacy model
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by 10 May 2019 at the latest.
Please use our online application form on our job portal.