On behalf of Caritas Germany, AGEH – the Association for Development Cooperation is seeking to fill the following position in the National Caritas Organisation in Afghanistan at the earliest possible date:
Programme Coordinator for Humanitarian Aid and Deputy Country Representative (m/f/d), Kabul, Afghanistan
Your new role:
The international department of Caritas Germany helps to ensure people’s survival in the wake of natural disasters and in crisis areas. We implement more than 680 projects worldwide every year, providing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, rehabilitation and disaster preparedness as well as care to children, the elderly, the ill, and people with disabilities.
Caritas Germany is part of a closely knit network of 162 independent national Catholic welfare associations. Active in Afghanistan since 1984, Caritas Germany has maintained an office in Kabul starting in 2001, with currently around 30 staff and 10 projects.
Further information on Caritas Germany's engagement in Afghanistan can be found here.
In detail, you will take on the following tasks:·
- Leading programme coordination and implementation with a special focus on humanitarian assistance
- Preparing and coordinating needs assessments and project proposals.
- Preparing and coordinating funding applications to ECHO, the German Foreign Ministry, UN Pooled Funds, and others.
- Ensuring quality project implementation and reporting (PMC).
- Acting as Deputy to the Country Reprpesentative.
- You have a relevant university degree (e.g. social sciences, regional sciences, economics, rural development) and/or relevant work experience in the field of humanitarian aid.
- You use your communication and counselling skills in a culturally sensitive way and have already gained experience supporting local partner organisations.
- You have already worked in Afghanistan, in the region or in a comparable environment and are mentally resilient.
- You are experienced in managing public funds and are familiar with application procedures, including the creation of logframes, as well as reporting to public donors (e.g. AA, BMZ, ECHO, EU, UN).
- You preferably have experience and knowledge in agriculture, food security and/or WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
- You are proficient in the written and spoken use of English in business contexts; fluency in the local Dari language is an advantage.
- You identify with the objectives and substance of Caritas Germany or are willing to familiarise yourself with these and to adopt them.
What AGEH offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- One-year contract (optional extension), social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching, supervision and individual consulting
Due to the burdens of working in Afghanistan, the job is associated with a special financial allowance as well as generous and financially subsidised additional leave. Every 6 - 8 weeks, you can leave the country for at least one week. You can rely on comprehensive and successful security management based on many years of experience. A furnished residential building is provided for the international experts.
We look forward to receiving your detailed application by 25 April 2019 at the latest.
Please use our online application form on our job portal.